An advanced FTP client.
While this FTP client certainly isn't the easier program to learn your way around in, it definitely does offer an absolute ton of features with advanced usage that many other FTP clients don't offer. Smart FTP is worth the time it takes to learn how to use the program and you'll be glad you did once you get the hang of it.
If you've never tried SmartFTP before, it is an advanced FTP client which offers many advanced features such as interaction with countless different FTP servers. We tried connected SmartFTP with a couple of Linux-based FTP servers and with this client, you're able to perform several operations such as CHMOD, background file transfers, FXP transfers (site-to-site), passive-mode and many more.
Apart from some of the advanced features that SmartFTP is capable of, you're also given the ability to perform drag-and-drop operations which makes it possible to quickly upload and download files from FTP sites. The "Global Queue" window shows you what is currently scheduled, along with further options to create schedules and download/upload files at a certain time simply by right-clicking.
Though SmartFTP wasn't designed for the beginner with zero-knowledge, it is perfect for people who know what they're doing.
Features of SmartFTP
- Automation: Automate tasks with native Windows Scheduler.
- Bookmarks: Quick connect to frequently used servers.
- Compression: Supports ZIP and other archive formats.
- File Management: Move, rename, delete and more.
- IPv6: Supports IPv6 protocol.
- Interface: Modern user interface with tabbed server navigation.
- Logging: Detailed logging for transfers and connecting.
- Protocols: Supports FTP, FTPS, SFTP, WebDAV, S3 and more.
- Proxy: Supports HTTP, SOCKS4/5 and FTP proxy servers.
- Scripting: Scripting and command line interface.
- Security: Supports FTPS, SFTP and WebDAV.
- Speed: Optimized transfer engine for maximum performance.
- Sync: Synchronize local and remote folders.
- Transfer: Automate and schedule file transfers.
Compatibility and License
This download is licensed as shareware for the Windows operating system from FTP clients and can be used as a free trial until the trial period ends (after an unspecified number of days). The SmartFTP 10.0.3187.0 demo is available to all software users as a free download with potential restrictions and is not necessarily the full version of this software.
What version of Windows can SmartFTP run on?
SmartFTP can be used on a computer running Windows 11 or Windows 10. Previous versions of the OS shouldn't be a problem with Windows 8 and Windows 7 having been tested. It comes in both 32-bit and 64-bit downloads.